During account creation SwitchUp requires the following information and permissions.
Mobile Phone Number
- Linking your mobile phone allows us to know where to send calls from your SwitchLine to.
- 2FA code ensures you are the owner of the phone number and the account signup process is not fraudulent.
- Notification permission is used so SwitchUp can send you notifications for incoming calls, texts, and voicemails.
- Contacts permission are so that SwitchUp can create an Incoming and Outgoing contact, and for general functionality of the app when a phone call comes into your SwitchLine.
- You should not attempt to delete the contacts that SwitchUp creates as they are intended for an optimal user experience.
- Contacts are never uploaded to our servers, they stay on your phone.
- Microphone permission is required when you first attempt to record a custom voicemail.
- The microphone is never accessed outside of recording the custom voicemail.