One of the amenities of having SwitchUp Pro is having access to its great features including Text Templates! With Text Templates, you can save commonly-used responses, such as a greeting or invoice, and paste them into your conversation. It'll save you lots of time by not having to type out the same response or manually copy and paste it over and over again.
To Enter the Text Template Menu
Firstly, there are two ways to enter the Text Templates menu. One is through Settings > Advanced Settings & Tools > Text Templates. The other way is through Conversations. Enter a conversation and you'll find the Text Template icon in the toolbar:
Tapping that highlighted icon will bring you to the Text Template menu.
To Create A Text Template:
- When you're in the Text Template menu, tap the "Create New Template" button. This will open up the "Create Text Template" form.
- Enter the name and message of the template and hit Save at the top right.
(Note: Your message cannot exceed 160 characters!)
Now you've created a text template and should see it displayed in the Text Template menu!
To Insert A Text Template:
Now you would like to put your text template in action. In order to do so:
- Go to the conversation you would like to use the text templates for.
- Tap the Text Template icon in the Chats toolbar. This will open up the Text Templates menu.
You can expand the template to read more by tapping the ellipses on the left side of the template.
- On the menu, select which template you would like to apply
(Note: The template you selected will have a check in the box.)
- Tap "Insert"
Now the template should be in the text field. If there is currently text in the field, the template will be added on to that text so make sure you review it before sending.